From PBS NewsHour (8 minute clip):
Questions to prime students prior to watching video:
- What did the popularity of the “Gangnam Style” have to do with the stock price of South Korean semiconductor company, DI Corp.?
- What is the efficient market hypothesis?
- Does the efficient market hypothesis allow for “bubbles” or other irrationality in the stock market?
- What effect does CEO interviews on CNBC have on their company’s stock price? Why?
- What does a CEO’s attractiveness have to do with a company’s success?
Check out the NGPF lesson on Introduction to the Stock Market