With apologies to Paul Simon (for those feeling nostalgic, here’s a Youtube video). Ok, back to the post. Interesting way to get students to sit up and take notice about the threats of identity theft. I pulled a sample of 2-3 minute videos from the last month that show how the bad guys operate. As students watch the videos below, have them jot down the scheme, how they can protect themselves from becoming a victim and what they should do if they are victimized. Happy viewing!
- Man pleads guilty to double swiping credit cards (WHEC, run time: 2:36)
- Cary police looking for credit card cloning suspect (ABC11.com, runtime: 2:15)
- Police find more victims in Dunkin Donuts credit card scheme (WFMZ.com, runtime 1:58)
- Credit card skimmers found at ATMs at Park Meadow Mall (KDVR.com, runtime 2:05)
- Police warn of credit card breaches at local car wash (News10.com, runtime 2:59)
Check out the NGPF Activity in which students create a Scam Guidebook.