Thank you to Brian Page, Outreach and Education Manager at Budget Challenge for sharing his expertise with our educator community in this recent 24 minute podcast . Brian spent over a decade teaching personal finance at Reading High School (Ohio) and now lends his expertise to supporting teachers implementing the Budget Challenge simulation in their classrooms. Brian’s years of experience in the classroom provides him with an amazing perspective to provide insightful answers to such questions as…
- What real-world skills can a simulation like Budget Challenge provide students?
- How does Budget Challenge address the fee-driven financial services world that we live in?
- What are the various ways that teachers can implement Budget Challenge in their classrooms?
- What are the keys to students succeeding in the Budget Challenge (after all, there are millions of scholarship dollars at stake!)?
Enjoy the conversation!
- Closing the Gap Between Knowledge and Behavior (2005 NEFE Symposium)
- H&R Block Budget Challenge information
- Survey results from Budget Challenge simulation, as reported in Time Magazine
- 2015 Budget Challenge Scholarship winners
- Importance of self-control in financial success (CFPB article)
If you like what we’re doing, please let us know — and if you don’t, just razz Tim on Twitter. You can also suggest guests for the show there and we’ll try our level best to have them on to continue the conversation.